Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba 46PX200ZE gone dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdy

I am trying to repair a toshiba 46PX200ZE led tv which has gone dark. It has a 64 led side backlight array which
I took out and found one of the leds
has gone bad as it would come on for a couple of seconds only. I photographed and discovered the bad led and tried to replace it with a 6.1 volt zener but it did not work. I had seen a video
suggesting this method.
I was able to light the leds by applying about 3 volts on each of them. Now I cannot do so, even though they pass the diode continuity test on the multimeter.
Do leds show this even if they do not light up?
What can I do to repair this array? Has the circuit before it (inverter?) gone bad? By the way the connector to this has 5 pins so assume there are four 16 sets of leds.
Is a circuit diagram of this available?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back