Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toroidal Transformer connecting to dual 12v input amplifer circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Yorga

Hi, I am playing around with amplifier circuits. I have a preamp circuit and a power amp circuit. Both of these require 'dual' 12v AC inputs. My question is how do I connect a Toroidal 220v primary transformer with 3 secondary output wires (yellow, black, yellow) Do I need a 6-0-6 output transformer (as the two 6v combine to make 12v) or do I use a 12-0-12 as the two 12v supplies are not combined? I just need to be sure I'm not going to inadvertently blow everything up.

These are the preamp, power amp, and transformer I am wishing to use. I do not require advice regarding the products themselves, these are what I want to use. I just need advice regarding the transformer and connecting it to provide 12v AC to each of these units. Thanks in advance.

If the amplifiers need dual 12Vac supplies, then the transformer should be 12-0-12.

Ebay knows nothing about electronics. The no-name-brand preamp does not say it needs a dual DC supply or a dual AC supply.
The transformer produces only AC, not DC.

Ebay knows nothing about electronics. The no-name-brand preamp does not say it needs a dual DC supply or a dual AC supply.
The transformer produces only AC, not DC.
The board appears to have a rectifier integrated into it, so I would think you could use either.

From the photos, Both The Power Amp and the Preamp are designed for a x - 0 - x AC input, so a 12-0-12 or a 15-0-15 ac input should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back