Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Too Many SMPS's! What to do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
I've been cleaning out around here since the weather got cold a few days ago and I have came to the conclusion I have far to many good SMPS units laying around but nothing to do with them.
I have at least 50 of them ranging from multi watt cell phone and cordless tool chargers to multi hundred watt computer power supplies and commercial power units and all types in between.
Most have the standard 3.3, 5, 12, 15, 18, 24, 32, 36, 48 volts outputs. Or combinations of them. Some are plug in wall type others are open frame and closed frame types.

Any ideas what I can do with some of them other than just strip them and use the parts to fill my already over flowing parts bins, buckets, and boxes?

Any neat modifications or design changes that can be made to turn some of them into more practical or useful things? :confused:

I've tweaked a few for use as dedicated battery chargers and power supplies but what to do with all the rest is the problem!:(

Last edited:
The best SMPS I have seen is that the computer power supply.Other all cheapy chinese SMPS gave me lots of troubles.There high frequency voltage spikes damaged many of my projects.

I think your suppliers are good ones.You have the voltages what we want.Just keep them, very sooner you will need them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back