Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Too close for comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, all I can say is that I don't have an accent. However, most people here seem to disagree.

Mike.

Well, all I can say is that I don't have an accent. However, most people here seem to disagree.

Mike.
I've noticed mainly US southerners amongst others seem to pronounce words that end in SH as if there was an R before the SH (RSH) For example : push = pursh wash = warsh cash = carsh car = caw

I've noticed mainly US southerners amongst others seem to pronounce words that end in SH as if there was an R before the SH (RSH) For example : push = pursh wash = warsh cash = carsh car = caw
I've heard warsh many times, but pursh and carsh? I don't think so. I think you're pulling our collective leg.

Not pulling anyone's leg at al l-- my brother-in-law is from Maryland and he says pursh instead of push. A guy from North Carolina who use to work with me said carsh instead of cash and caw instead of car. He got irritated at me once because I had much difficulty understanding his extreme southern drawl. It made for a communications barrier on the job. I could decipher Spanish easier than his jibber-jabber! Interesting how his other partner from N.C. had a southern drawl yet was far easier to understand with almost never the need to repeat himself. I think the first guy I mentioned from N.C was a for real, backwoods, semi-literate hick.

Lol, and here I was expecting 5 pages about a bush fire.

When I went down to Oz many people did not understand my accent ( Didn't realize I had one until then).

[video]http://www.break.com/index/chick-has-21-different-accents.html[/video]

The people who can imitate accents like this are pretty impressive, I disagree with her Toronto accent though!

[video]http://www.break.com/index/chick-has-21-different-accents.html[/video]
It is too bad that the sound quality is so poor.
The mic is too far away from her mOOth (maybe she is standing on the mic) which causes the noise and reverberations to be too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back