Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tons of questions about all kinds of electronics.....need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

movieguy12

Ok i have a macbook and ipod (before classic) and iphone 3g. ok my macbook recently had crashed the hardrive something happened to it....anyways so i was considering on buying a time capsule it seems like it would be a wise choice to purchase one....but i also get a very crappy connection in my bedroom from our d-link wireless n router in the basement. so my question is this.

if i bought this time capsule would this serve as a usb adapter and since our router is N would it make my internet faster and have a better connection? or should i buy a adapter? please clarify...and please dont suggest me moviin the router (cant cause its my dads) also please dont suggest moviing my laptop into a different room id actually like to lie in bed sometimes and be on here......

ok i own 1300 dvd movies, and lets say about 100 tv shows on dvd. my goal has been to reduce this all and to make all of them digital and be able to store the digital copies into a device to watch on my tv. external hardrives and the wdtv seem to be what i was wanting till i found the kaleidaskape BUT that is way too much money so i found a dock by dlo witch is kinda the same thing im doing only with ipods (wich hold less space than external hardrives.) so does any one know a good way to help me out with any media dvd servers or other devices that could do what im asking?

ok i saw a dock at best buy for $250 that you put your ipod onto the dock and your able to watch movies that are in your ipod on your tv...ok is there any other maybe cheaper device that does that?

Wouldn't these questions get better answers in a Mac forum?

As for the dock, for $250 you'd probably be happier with an Apple TV.

PS look into handbrake for your movies.

Last edited:
i tried a mac forum no replies after 2 weeks tried in multiple mac forums no replies in 2 weeks hints why i posted here. thanks though..

If you want speed a pair Ethernet over AC adapters will fix your poor connection but you'll have a wired connection.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back