Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toggle switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch

Right.
Toggle switches

What I need is a toggle switch, 3 locking positions. ie ON-ON-ON.
but What I need is it for be all fed from 1 input.

So 1 to 3
So that it selects between 3 inputs.

almost every toggle switches i've found do THIS
**broken link removed**

Which is not what I need.

Does what I want exist? or will I have to bodge it with relays and diodes?

I only need a single pole switch (switching one connector, not a pair)

Help!

I might be very dim. But I cant find what I need.

Symbolicly it would look something like this
**broken link removed**

you can get SP3T (single pole triple throw) switches in slide or rotary. You can get triple throw toggle switches BUT the centre position was always OFF.

ok,
its to handle a few LED's each, so we're not talking huge currents or voltages
what the switch needs to do is select

Position 1 - Set A
Position 2 (middle) - Set A and B
Position 3 - Set B

(obviously I could just do this with 2 simple toggle switches, But I like the idea of 3 position toggle), obviously with an On-Off-On (easily available by contrast) I could Jury-rig it to supply power to both sets when Pos 1/3 were not selected (using a relay)

Edit: Slide and Rotary exist obviously. But I'd like Toggle... looks like its relays or logic gates for me...

Last edited:
Wouldn't a 3 position toggle switch have 4 connections or pins?:confused:

ok,
its to handle a few LED's each, so we're not talking huge currents or voltages
what the switch needs to do is select

Edit: Slide and Rotary exist obviously. But I'd like Toggle... looks like its relays or logic gates for me...

Huh? You're switching LEDs with relays? ....a microcontroller will be much better.. they should cost less than 10 bucks if you're using the Microchip's 16F series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back