Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To feed another music in this>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techeek

20201117_165718.jpg

I have this with a speaker attached to it. It has some default music feed into it. I would like to change the music. How can I do that? I don't have any prior knowledge in this. Step by step help may help me achieve this! Thanks!

20201117_165839.jpg

Hi,
sorry, but it's just not possible with that type of device.

There is an integrated circuit hidden under the blob of white epoxy; that would have been programmed at the factory & the extra connections needed for that programming are now buried.
It could also have been a one-off programmable or even mask-programmed device, that could not even have had the content changed in the factory.
Even then, it's not possible to program or re-program anything without the full technical information on whatever IC was being used.

You can get various types of recordable devices or sound players that you could possibly use in place of that original device?

How many different pieces of music does it have, and how long are they each (timewise, the dirations)?

ps. Do not try to remove the epoxy covering the IC; it is built using a "COB" type assembly and there are hair-fine connections hidden within that protective blob.

This example has a lot more connections, but the same type of assembly - tiny wires spot-welded between the IC itself and the PCB around it, finally covered with epoxy to prevent anything being damaged:

main-qimg-ba7185a141fd09944a8fa3e7fd4854a1

Hi,
sorry, but it's just not possible with that type of device.

There is an integrated circuit hidden under the blob of white epoxy; that would have been programmed at the factory & the extra connections needed for that programming are now buried.
It could also have been a one-off programmable or even mask-programmed device, that could not even have had the content changed in the factory.
Even then, it's not possible to program or re-program anything without the full technical information on whatever IC was being used.

You can get various types of recordable devices or sound players that you could possibly use in place of that original device?

How many different pieces of music does it have, and how long are they each (timewise, the dirations)?

ps. Do not try to remove the epoxy covering the IC; it is built using a "COB" type assembly and there are hair-fine connections hidden within that protective blob.

This example has a lot more connections, but the same type of assembly - tiny wires spot-welded between the IC itself and the PCB around it, finally covered with epoxy to prevent anything being damaged:

main-qimg-ba7185a141fd09944a8fa3e7fd4854a1

Thanks for that great information! I am a complete novice to this. The chip was of no use of mine since it was built with a default music. So, I thought that if I can change the music then I can use it for some project. But as per your information, I think it cannot be used again.
Could you please suggest how can I incorporate a sound with a similar chip? And what the chip is exactly called? Thanks for your immediate response

Thanks for that great information! I am a complete novice to this. The chip was of no use of mine since it was built with a default music. So, I thought that if I can change the music then I can use it for some project. But as per your information, I think it cannot be used again.
Could you please suggest how can I incorporate a sound with a similar chip? And what the chip is exactly called? Thanks for your immediate response

You approach the manufacturer in China, and ask for a price for how many thousands you want - you're unlikely to be able to get chips specially made for small quantities.

Edit:

You can get recordable ones, like this one - but I imagine it's six seconds only?.

TZT ISD1806 6S

Last edited:
Could you please suggest how can I incorporate a sound with a similar chip?
What duration?

A single clip, or multiple selectable tracks?

Something like this is probably the most practical for long durations or multiple sounds/music tracks; a few different songs/recordings can be played just by switch contacts, rather like your original device - or a large number, if you use a more complex control system:

The complicated module above might need a computer to program it and play something back.

Look in Google for Audio Record/playback Module. Many of them have a mic to record with but to save a recording the module might need to be powered all the time. The module is designed to play a voice or beep a song but not play high quality music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back