Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Title: ATMEGA32 webserver+not dedicated PC for GUI :Client Access data Through Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

noel_t

The web server is already setup successfully on the ATMEGA32 microcontroller.
I only need a functional GUI to any client on the internet to view the data through the browser by communicating with this web server.
The objective of this problem is to prevent any PC-Server dedicated to this embedded system. (E.g. for the purpose of webserver or GUI)
Nature of data: Current density and temperature measurement data from the fuel cell.

I have no real idea what you are asking here, but if your objective to limit the access to the web server, then you can filter the incoming IP address, implement HTTPS and use a username or password etc :)

My intention is to have the embedded device (ATMEGA32 microcontroller) located at a remote location somewhere connected to the internet (connected via Ethernet) connected (via CANBUS) to the fuel cell system for measurement of data (Current and temperature of fuel cell).
The end-user/or client must be able to view these acquired data through the browser somewhere on the internet. The main aim of this project is to prevent any pc dedicated merely as a web server, therefore I would like to know your general solutions.
(I noticed that I can implement a web server on this micro-controller, But how to assign the GUI (Graphical Interface Strategy) for showing the data on the browser for the users?--I mean I am not clarified if the designed GUI (LabVIEW or C-SHARP) should be located in the internet (Host & Domain solution) or there are some better solutions for it!
Of course, here the communication between the microcontroller and this GUI is the problem of my task!

I have no real idea what you are asking here, but if your objective to limit the access to the web server, then you can filter the incoming IP address, implement HTTPS and use a username or password etc :)
Please look at up as I provided more info.

Ok, I see, you are not wanting to prevent anything, just want an embedded web server. When you mentioned that the web server was already set up successfully, I assumed you actually meant it was working. Do you have your Ethernet connection already set up and working?

There are many Atmel based small web server projects freely available on the web and a large number of pre-built, ready rolled solutions, like the one Mike linked to above, using Atmel devices, if you don't want to code it all up yourself.

If you want to do it all by yourself, in order to get your Atmel device linked up to Ethernet in the first place, assuming that you haven't already got a solution for this, you can use an ENC28J60 and magnetics to give you the physical/ link layer access. You can get these cheap as small pre-built and tested plug in modules. All you need to do is provide it with power and an SPI port from the Atmel device to read and write to Ethernet. You could also add an SDcard or some other storage solution to your project and dump your HTML files and logging data in there. I suggest that you do some research on the web to see what others have done, they may even have some source code that they will be happy to share with you to give you a head start :)

From what I understand, you have a web server connected to a network. You have mentioned using the ATMEGA to serve the pages or using a internet host provider/server for the pages. It depends on whether the ATMEGA can handle all the requests from the client, and a little bit on whether the client can control anything on the ATMEGA.

I'd have the ATMEGA simply send the data to an online server, which would cache the data (in a database) and serve dynamic pages with the appropriate information to the client(s). This should scale quite well will multiple devices and clients, and be simpler to implement and deploy. It can also work behind firewalls without extra configuration.

The web server is already setup successfully on the ATMEGA32 microcontroller.
This tells me you have the web server up and running. This also means it has some IP address assigned. So if you want to access it just type that IP into your browser and voila your web server willl serve you its reply, i.e. a web page with some text etc. Just like when you type https://example.com, you get a http response back that your browser can understand and show.

All this of course assumes your web server has a public IP address assigned, or it is connected to a router that has one and is setup in such way that it links it to your web server. Without that you will not be able to access the data without some intermediate server running in the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back