Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tiny Solar Cells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

I came across these tiny solar cells (they are photo diodes) but were being sold as 0.4V 1ma solar cells (I couldn't figure out what you would need a 1ma cell for)
Anyway it's a photodiode not a solar cell BPW-34 Siemens and it's only 5.1mm (0.2") across, it does put out voltage when light hits it. But it's not a solar cell is it?
**broken link removed**

PS it's a perfect fit for my Junebugs CON4 as I'm working on a Solar Logger for the JPUG newsletter.

Depends on what your definition of "Solar Cell" is.

I think by most peoples idea of a solar cell (a device which converts light to a voltage) THEN THIS IS CERTAINLY A "SOLAR CELL", just not a very big and powerful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back