Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet not many of the members of this forum remember any of the PDP-11 range.

Les.

I would bet not many of the members of this forum remember any of the PDP-11 range

I do!
I owned both a PDP-11 (an 11/34 if I remember right) and a PDP-8i, plus a number of other old minicomputers.

I had to sell them all when I moved from my parents house (an old farmhouse with large outbuildings) in the late 70s.

Owned a PDP8. Learned Assember on it. Had several PDP8s and PDP11s in a university research lab where I worked. Visited the Olsen brothers in Ma.

PDP-11's are cheap these days.
slightly more than 8 pins
250px-Pdp-11-40.jpg

There are people here who's Mothers were not born when the PDP11 came out.

I still own a 5ft high 19inch rack on casters here that says Digital Equipment on it...

When I started work with DEC in about 1977 there were a still few systems about that used TU56 tape drives. It was nice to be able to load data straight into memory from the switches. For people that have not seen computers like this you would key in a bootstrap loader program to load a program from paper tape, a TU56 tape drive (As in the picture.) or a disk drive (Such as an RK05) After a time you could remember the bootstap loader code to key in. You could also key in small test programs to output ASCII characters to a teletype or VDU.

Les.

My first machine (and I/O project) was a PDP-8 with 16K of ***CORE*** memory. Those boys put the hard in hardware.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back