Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

time clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogo01

:?:
I need information on a time clock. this clock has three circular rows of leds. The inner row (12) leds indicates the hour, the next row is the minutes and the outer row is seconds. The clock also has leds that light back and forct to simulate a pendulum. The cluck also plays the west minister chimes.

Looking for any help, schematics, circuit layout, IC chips and etc.

thanks for any replies

Ha, I built something like that 25 years ago and it is still going.
I used only two concentric LED rings, the outer, 12 led, ring indicated the hours, the inner, 60 led, ring the minutes and seconds. The minute is illuminated by a single led and the second has a 'comet tail' that overtakes the minute - neat to watch.
I never bothered with the pendulum display.
My first clock used TTL chips and was a bit power hungry (for the standby battery), the second version used C-mos chips and the larger, 5mm LED's and used only 1/10th of the power.

I built these for the challenge in doing the artwork of the circular PC boards for them, the TTL version uses 6 stacked boards,of about 100 mm diameter. The C-mos version uses two boards of about 150 mm diameter.

Have fun, the circuit is easy, the boards are the hard part :wink:
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back