Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thread Achievement Award nomination..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, particularly in light of ETO's forum rules:

upload_2015-1-28_11-42-36.png

However making something that is designed to shock, kill, or maim another person is not forbidden.

John

Indeed, one of those odd little paradoxes of life.

The thread pre-dates the current issue of "the rules", I cannot remember what the previous issue of the rules said about safety.
However, if you trawl back through the articles section I think that you will find one or two similar circuits which were posted by none other than Electromaster himself in the very early days of ETO.

As for "most moderated", I am not sure about that, but it is a good contender.

JimB

Applying one year old rules to a rejunivated three year old thread is useluss. Now that its been revived, a moderator can close it.

Applying one year old rules to a rejunivated three year old thread is useluss. Now that its been revived, a moderator can close it.
But hasn't.

Besides, the new rules are not much different from the old ones. It as if the chairs were rearranged. I suspect building a device to potentially kill someone else is, from the individual's point of view, being safe.

John

I'm sure it is John ... it's cool.

I know what it's like for a 900V 300 mA supply to hold a 200 lb person for a couple of seconds. BTDT, got the t-shirt.

The business of electronics the paramount rule is ... the a$$ you save maybe your own. Since that time in 1975, you can bet that everyone who worked for me knew every hotspot in all the equipment they worked on. Even if they had to sit down for a week to review the manual's Safety chapter and Theory of Operations.

I didn't see any promulgated rules concerning safety, but I am sure those who responded had some ethics with respect to that topic. Has anyone reported that topic? Of course I can A$$uME the moderator has seen this thread, and I could be wrong.

Happy to report not really closed yet..

Cause I can still post here:) Twas a good thread.

Regards,
tv

Just made an Ass of myself...

I thought this thread was closed...meanwhile it's linked to the one that was closed:banghead:
I need new glasses. ASAP.

As a tribute to my Stupid moment:

Regards,
tv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back