Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This there a guide for using Winpicprog with P16PRO40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done ChemE.

Either Vpp or Vpp40 will go to +13V depends on the selection of the PIC type. Vpp40 is for the 40-pin and Vpp for the rest.

To test its function, just selects 16F628 inside WinPicProg and it will turn on Vpp instead of Vpp40 while doing a READ operation.

+13V is required to read or write to the PIC. Therefore either Vpp or Vpp40 will turn on so their original label are misleading.

IT WORKS, IT FINALLY WORKS!!!! I just programmed my first PIC. Now to test it out to see if it does what I need it to :)

Just wanted to bring some conclusion to this thread for future posters who are in a similar predicament as I was.

First I want to thank you for all for your help, especially eblc1388.

So in the end the p16pro40 I bought off of Ebay had the 2 red LEDs installed backwards. I switched them around and now the programmer is running as it should be.

If anyone in the future has questions about this thread feel free to message me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back