Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

this is off topic :( i cann't access this website from room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only can access this web site using computer in school library, but i cann't access it from my room ??? it's quite inconvenient since the school is 20 mins walking distance away from my room. :(

the OS of computers in library is win 2k, and mine is WinXP (i have disabled all the firewalls), even my friend in the same housing area (we are staying in the school hostel) also facing the same problem (well, he is using WinXP). the problem doesnt exist if i use dial-up internet service.

LAN service in my room is provided by DAMOVO (UK).

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

You are going through either a firewall or proxy. Try pinging this server from a command prompt.

ping www.electro-tech-online.com
and
ping 216.127.88.5

If you can't ping it you are probably being blocked. If you really want to know whats up, call the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back