Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is just cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I got to get myself one of these, it looks too cool. LED faucet.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I like that but it would be better if it did the full fade from blue to red.

Mike.

It would be even better if there were a thermal sensors which indicated water temperature as colour. This seems like the perfect device for modification =) Except for the whole batteries bit, unless you want to install an impeller to act as a generator, but that might be going too far =)

It would be even better if there were a thermal sensors which indicated water temperature as colour. This seems like the perfect device for modification =) Except for the whole batteries bit, unless you want to install an impeller to act as a generator, but that might be going too far =)

You know Sceadwian, I'd previously had the same thoughts but then there's the further problem of waterproofing and hard-water deposits etc....

I don't see any problems anywhere, use a flexible epoxy for water proofing. Hard water deposits aren't an issue flowing water over an object will very quickly equalize to the waters temperature regardless of scale. I'm not sure what etc... you could be talking about. Sealing stuff water tight is not exactly rocket science, if you want removable batteries use a gasket. The only difficulties is finding suppliers for the materials you need there's nothing unworkable about the idea at all, just a little bit of online and local yellow pages searching maybe a few hours on the phone.

The only thing lacking about the idea is someone that wants to put the time/money into making them.

Last edited:
Wonderful Boron! Thanks for the link.

Wow, the electricity is generated by the water flowing by....How ingenious!

It doesn't say whether the color is PWM'ed smoothly or not...Something I would add on :D

A commercial product wouldn't say it was PWM'ed smoothly =) The typical user wouldn't know what it means. I'm sure the unit is using a low power micro controller or ASIC that PWM's quiet well.

From the link, looks like we need to find 500 people that want one now. :D

That is pretty cool though.

Sceadwian: Do you have a brand name on the flex epoxy. Will have to google a bit. I use a lot of hard epoxy, but flexible would be nice.

Last edited:
Sorry mramos, not really, epoxies come in so many different varieties it's mind boggling. A bit of time searching Google might help you out, there are plenty of hits to flexible epoxy binders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back