Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thinking about starting a project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric, we used to call it feature creep, it happens on ALL projects. Set a simple first goal and stick to it - get it working well, then extend it.

Mike.

I suggest getting a basic model working and then add "options" from there.

Mike.
Mike...

That would appear to be what has happened/ is happening & lead Ian to think / assume that I wanted the USS Enterprise!!! (Well who wouldn't with all those lovely buttons & switches!!!)...

Eric

Here's my contribution .. .. .. .. . the switch .. .. .. .

Screen 1.jpg
Screen 2.jpg
Screen 3.jpg

The ZIP File contains a small Arduino sketch that will scroll these three images on an small (1.8" ) TFT at 5 sec. intervals; it could easily be modified to button selection and runs well on either Nano, Uno or Mega;

MM

Attachments

• Train Sign.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 195
Does anyone know where I might source a 7 segment electromechanical vane display similar to this:

Screenshot_20211003-091341_Google.jpg

albeit smaller, maybe about 1" to 1 1/2" high, similar to that on a petrol pump display???

Thanks in advance...

Eric

Hi all...

Work is continuing apace with parts still arriving... Today I received a switch which whilst nothing particularly special, is of the correct style albeit slightly smaller than I would have liked...

All I can tell you that it is a custom made switch for a military application... I can't tell you any more detail as I have no further information...

The reason I want this style of switch is because of the square style lever...

20211107_200544.jpg

20211107_200606.jpg

20211107_200645.jpg

I'd be most grateful to learn if anyone knows where I might obtain any more of this style of switch or if anyone can identify it or knows of its proper name...

Ideally the switch lever would be 10mm square rather than the 5mm switch that I've got...

Thanks again

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back