Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thermostat Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

i ahve an idea for a thermostat that i would like to make a reality.

however, i know very little about building and electronic circuit and even less about the programming required.

if anyone would like to help me with such a project then i would be most grateful.

basic spec would be:

temperature monitoring
humidity monitoring
shows 2 different temperatures , i.e inside and outside temperature
under/over temperature alarms

all this is to be displayed on lcd display

i will be happy to pay for any development costs once i have a working prototype, or i have other options that i will be happy to discuss

cheers in advance

Why would you want to build something like this? You can already purchase devices like this on the market inexpensively. Simply search around on Google for a bit. A decent home weather station will do these things for you, though the alarm feature itself may be a little difficult to find. Modification of an existing device would be better than starting from scratch with little knowledge.

Hi
thanks for your reply, i dont want to buy one already made as none of them have the functions that i require.

a weather station cannot control an output device such as a heater it can only tell you temperatures and humidity etc.

is anyone out there any good with this sort of thing, i.e a proffessional electronics designer????

If you're looking to have someone build this for you you need to say so and put out an offer for people to work with an discuss pricing and what not. Jumping in head first with little to no experience or knowledge about what you're doing is not a good idea, you'll spend more time learning what you need to do to get the project done than on the actual project itself. What exactly is your background as far as electronics and programming go?

If you're looking to have someone build this for you you need to say so and put out an offer for people to work with an discuss pricing and what not. Jumping in head first with little to no experience or knowledge about what you're doing is not a good idea, you'll spend more time learning what you need to do to get the project done than on the actual project itself. What exactly is your background as far as electronics and programming go?

sorry i didnt make it clear enough in my first post, i said i would be happy to pay for development costs etc.

in terms of my electronics knowledge, i know how electronics work and can build very basic circuits, im better with electronics when it comes to things like fault finding etc.
im actually a toolmaker so electronics is not something i have studied in detail just bits i picked up along the way

i am now talking to someone on here who has kindly offered to build such a circuit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back