Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

thermistor based airflow sensor - opamp help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You revived a 9 year old thread, I dont think steaky has posted for a while.
To answer your question I dont think self heating the Lm35 is an option, you could if you really want strap a resistor to it and heat it that way, measuring the power required to maintain a temp would give you some idea on how much cooling the Lm is subjected too.

If you place two thermistors in the flow. The first you just measure the resistance (and hence temperature) and the second you power to keep it's temperature a fixed amount above the first, would that give a good indication of wind speed?

Mike.
P.S. I know it's an old thread but someone is interested.

Thanks for your replies, i already put NTC thermistors in bridge, one is exposed to flow the other one measuring the ambient temperature, i got a relation between the flow and the signal (Voltage difference almost 10 times amplified via 741).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back