Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

There's a hypertransportbus where my frontsidebus used to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exo

I recently got a athlon64 and i was wondering if anyone knew a good site that explains hypertransport (pc specific, cause i found tons of general info about it, but almost nothing about the pc implementation).

What i want to know is a detailed explanation about the hypertransport bios settings, what all the multipliers do (seems to be a HT multiplier and a cpu multiplier ...!?) ...

anyone ?

i have the same proscessor are you using it now? i think it is hyper transport because instead of being able to proscess 32 bits at a time.
it is 64, but i don't know for sure.

it is very fast though.

lolz, nice topic :lol:

actually, danielsmusic, the 64 bits dont mean that its hypertransport. hypertransport was adopted before the 32->64 bit transition. basically hypertransport is a serial bus which offers many advantages over previous designs.

now back to the topic. i would recommend you to go to Toms Hardware

**broken link removed**

and ask this question in their forum

**broken link removed**

although i think this was discussed in an article on that site but i dont remember it and i dont have its link. so its better to ask it in the forum.

i hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back