Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, my name is Malcolm. However you guys can call me Mr. Benson the Technologist. Here I am requesting secondary opinions, technical advice and pointers to double check everything that I've completed so far with this project of mine in order to proceed and complete it for 'Prototype Phase' testing.

What's that you ask? I officially call it, the Spectrum Helmet, as for what it does is what makes me most happy but most frustrated on how intricate I had to be starting from beginning to end while designing, assembling and finally taking multiple tests as I proceed to complete the device. The device (helmet) and it's functionalities are to detect changes and anomalies within the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

With various sensors interfaced the helmet will allow the user to detect signals and waves within the Spectrum. Signals and waves such as Infrared Heat allowing us to detect people, animals, or any other object or living thing that generates Heat. This also allows me to incorporate the Doppler Effect into this device.

Soundwaves which will allow me to measure the speed of Sound for objects, projectiles, etc
& Radiowaves allowing the wearer to utilize transmissions.

I've also planned on putting together a camera system using an adapter to allow me to connect 4 - 6 cameras (this includes using my arduinos ICS ports)

The sensors, parts and software used in this project brought on a "6th or Spidey Sense" vibe so that the wearer is able to become seemingly intangible. (For my prototype I'm using Ultrasonic Sensors and PiR Motion Sensors (Microwave Sensors will be used in further upgrades of the helmet)

However, problems pertaining to finishing and testing the helmet for more upgrades involve our circuits and its proposed integrated componetial design that will allow circuit protection and safe power distribution and splitting.

My knowledge in Ohm's Law & Conventional Circuit Theory are to an all time low and I'm a bit frightened of wiring and connecting all of my parts in the wrong assembly then shorting it out. (Parts I have so far are relays for each sensor for more functionality, Mosfets, voltage regulators, step up and step down transformers, transistors, resistors, diodes, rectifiers, converters & heat sinks)

Let me know what you guys think cause I've wanted to bring this up to discussion for a while and seeing how our worldwide pandemic situation is going, most of us aren't leaving anytime soon.

~ Mr. Benson

Attachments

• 15859706476584325042273103808375.jpg
    15859706476584325042273103808375.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 254
What is the human interface? Sight? Sound? Vibrations? AR / VR goggles?

Whenever any of the sensors are activated within their detection zones, they specifically measure distance and closing range (the Sonar sensors being used measure and increasingly get faster or slower depending on the location and distance of said object.

This in turn sends the information to our heads up display with will have tiny films and such display texts, answer and take calls, speed measurements and power level. Same with our PiR Motion Sensors, the motors get slower and slower if the detecting object or person are either far away not moving as fast as it roams around the detection zones or much faster as the objects get closer.

With the Arduino & Raspberry Pi running the software and such, the brains in this device can measure light, vibrations and sound to create a sort of "sight" as well and a more fast acting and efficient and effective way of knowing the surroundings with the helmet. The cameras connected as well will help my "sight" portion a little more

For an AR system I've listed parts to assemble the AR piece by piece, should this whole situation with the world lower. I've even incorporate Snapchat Spectacles to be used for Photo, Video, Archiving Footage and Sound while the Raspberry Pi 0 W's run real time data updating and serial configuration like the device you've sent me a link to above. The link upon clicking it, I am very much intrigued. Might look a little more into those to perfect my system. Using my Google Home Mini that I've also incorporated as part of my built in A.I this should work wonders using the link you've provided.

UPDATE: I've been able to complete my circuit involving the sensors, their respected programmed brains (Arduino & Raspberry Pi's). However I am left with one final obstacle ahead of me, the rest of the code. So far I've linked my helmet's Google Home Mini A.I to our Wrist Computer with our built in Pipboy. My final issue is now writing and running a code that will multiplex the camera modules and sensors and send the info to our HUD and pipboy as well as autoupdate the information in real time to keep it self sustaining and alerting. Any ideas? A lot of I.o.T is visually being used here.

send the info to our HUD and pipboy
I didn’t find a definition of HUD?
I would start with the displays so you can see what cameras and sensors are doing and fine tune them.
Here is what one guy did with the Pip-Boy.

With all the input you have, you will need controls. I would use an Arduino and a touch screen on the Pip-Boy just in case. You don’t have to use the touch screen functions if you don’t need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back