Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the SMALLEST/LIGHTEST adj. voltage/25A+ power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailint

I would like to find the best power supply for two purposes:
- charge special LiPo batteries at 20A (I suppose that I need at least 25A at 12V for this)
- general use for electronics experiments

I would like it with Voltmeter and Amperometer and adjustable Voltage with range atleast 3-15V.

I found about some power supplies with these requisites but they are all too big.

The smallest I found is the Manson/Maas SPS-8250 or 9250 that has these measures:
220x220x110mm (8.6"x8.6"x4.3"), 2.7 KG (6 lbs)

Is there a smaller or lighter one with all the above specifications?

It's the limit of technology. That's actually pretty damned small. Mine is about 50% larger.

Last edited:
There are some very expensive aerospace units available. I read about them in a tech magazine around a year ago. They are pushing the 100 watt per cubic inch mark! But at around $10 plus a watt to do it!

For that wide or working voltage range you specified and at theat amps output I would consider a rework job of a higher wattage computer power supply. They are the smallest and highest wattage multi voltage output units I can think of that are easy to find and fair to adapt to custom applications. They can, with a little rework of the voltage regulating circuits, easily give you 3 to 15 volt outputs all with 20 amps plus current capacity. And putting a pair of digital meters in them is fairly simple.

It does take some electronics know how and a little time but I have reworked several computer power supplies to give non stock voltage and current outputs and have had them work reliably afterword.

Its just one option to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back