Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The relationships of electrons & protons

appreciate chrome OS

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this Mr.pyre, I'm highly interested in starting a page describing & discussing the relationships of protons and electrons. Please, this is my formal invitation for all members to add and contribute to this thread; thank you.

Welcome to the forum Mr.pyre.
This is an interesting subject.
To start things off. Do you have any questions or declarations to make on the subject?

I would like our discussions to lead into a subject of atomic mechanics and properties. I want to gain more understanding and insight in the physics of electrons, protons and electric flow/distribution.

Mr. Pyre,

Notice how I put a space between the salutation and your name. Also, I capitalized your name like every surname in the English language.

Electrons and protons are studied extensively in subatomic physics. Do you want to preside over a subatomic physics forum? That is a lifetime study, and much material has been written about it. What aspect of electrons and protons did you have in mind? And don't forget about neutrons, mesons, bosons, and quarks, etc. The effort needed is limitless in relation to one's human ability.

Ratch

Welcome Ratchit, thank you for the clarification. Let's start with force, energy, specifically what causes the attraction between protons and electrons.

Last edited:
Is this what is called electromotive force and is it a quantum amount; dependent on temperature, rest state, and orbit of the electron?
I ask because I never went to school for particle physics.

Last edited:
Please let's keep the thread active. It would be highly beneficial for our peers to have a set dialogue on the two fundamental sciences we've been discussing.

Mr. Pyre,

Please let's keep the thread active. It would be highly beneficial for our peers to have a set dialogue on the two fundamental sciences we've been discussing.

Why would it be beneficial to those of us involved in electro-technology? All we have to know about protons and electrons is that they have opposite charges, attract each other, neutralize each other, and have a mass . At the application level, we don't need to get involved in why they are what they are. Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with an atomic physics forum.

Ratch

Hey,I have little knowledge abt it..
As we knowProtons are positively charged particles and electrons are negatively charged particles. For every (+) proton in a complete atom's nucleus there is an equivalent (-) electron in the atoms electron shells, such that the atom is effectively electrically neutral.
Should the atom lose or gain an electron then it will become positively or negatively charged (respectively) and is then called an Ion.

In understanding electronics, from the beginning of my studies I believed it important to have a clear understanding of the very particle that constitutes itself as the basis of the field which we discuss.

So from that premise I came to a point of pondering about the two particles of opposite charge, protons and electrons, and wondered about there atomic dynamics. I kept questioning why these two particles of attraction never, I assume, contact one another.

I finally came to the conclusion that these to particles must not have a charge of the same magnitude, where the charge of greater magnitude neutralizes the charge of the other, keeping the particle of opposite charge at a range.

Please, part ovide feedback on these statements and conclusion presented, thank you.

In understanding electronics, from the beginning of my studies I believed it important to have a clear understanding of the very particle that constitutes itself as the basis of the field which we discuss.

So from that premise I came to a point of pondering about the two particles of opposite charge, protons and electrons, and wondered about there atomic dynamics. I kept questioning why these two particles of attraction never, I assume, contact one another.

I finally came to the conclusion that these to particles must not have a charge of the same magnitude, where the charge of greater magnitude neutralizes the charge of the other, keeping the particle of opposite charge at a range.

Please, part ovide feedback on these statements and conclusion presented, thank you.

You can believe anything you want but expermental results prove otherwise. Both particles are not little balls but a wavefunction spread in space, so the pair of particles can't exist in the same space but generate a superposition of wavefunctions making a complex wave in space instead that is neutral at macro distances.

You can believe anything you want but expermental results prove otherwise. Both particles are not little balls but a wavefunction spread in space, so the pair of particles can't exist in the same space but generate a superposition of wavefunctions making a complex wave in space instead that is neutral at macro distances.

I'm aware of the fact that the particles are not little balls, that conception is one brought about in scientists attempt to give the general public a simple visual aid in their discussions, just as electrons don't orbit a nucleus in elliptical paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back