Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The popups are getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely ever get adds on my phone or pc. pc is firefox and phone android 10. I think I dont get them because I use a vpn for the internet for security, it has a tracker and add blocker on so I never get them, but on here I notice the vpn program runs the cpu harder on this site.

I'm from South Africa. lol. Nothing works properly here in SA anymore including when I browse forums like this....even advertiser's don't bother targeting South Africans anymore. We're a waste of advertising time.

Best way of avoiding popups is to browse without logging in, however unlike some competitor sites you are then blocked from viewing attachments! Perhaps ETO could fix that too!

Your data is valuable. and is well known whoever you are ? kind of 1984 ish
A friend had a new windoze 10 laptop started it all off and after a few minutes possibly hours ! And with very little input from him. It looked just like his old machine , even to his wallpaper .faves and history .

Have you noticed how a lot of sites link momentaryly to facebbok as they open up ,and no i dont do FB.or Twit, or etc...

I started using Brave a few months ago and the reduction in the number of targeted adds is amazing.

Mike.

After a lull the wretched pop-ups are back with a vengeance. I regard this is an invasion of my privacy.
I think there used to be an agreement by the site owners that long-standing contributors to this site wouldn't be harassed by pop-ups? Is that no longer being honoured?
If this ad-pushing continues I shall reluctanty have to consider leaving the site.

I use Adguard, which mostly keeps them hidden & easily hides any new ones.

It also shows how many items its blocked, overlaid on its toolbar icon. This site can have TEN or more on a page at times, it is worse than any other site I remember as far as attempting to be obnoxious.

And in my mind, ads like on here are pointless.

They are so annoying people totally block them or avoid the site, whereas small sidebar or footer ads that did not detract in any way from or overlay the content would be far more likely to be left unblocked and therefore seen by far more users, and produce more revenue!

I only get one ad, on the side even with popups blocked in firefox on linux.mint

I get none. I use uBlock Origin with Privacy Badger under Ubuntu Linux

Last edited:
I had no ads yesterday (albeit in a short session), but they're back again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back