Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the op amp CLC3605

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunjonas

hi ,
has someone used the op amp CLC3605(1,5GHz)?
when i used the circuit on the datasheet as the same as figure 4(used recommeded resustors). i made Rf 330Ω and Rg 33Ω that means the gain is 10.
but actually the gain wasnot 10 it was one! that means the output just like the input. I also changed the Rf to vary the gain but there was no change...
does anyone have an idea for it?

i appreciate for ur answers..
chun

It is a current feedback amplifier, so conventional op amp gain equations do not hold true. See the gain equations on the bottom of page 14 - correction - I've just seen further down the datasheet and if your Zo is low, conventional equations apply... Please ignore this post

Last edited:
It is a current feedback amplifier, so conventional op amp gain equations do not hold true. See the gain equations on the bottom of page 14
NO!

I have it working with a gain of 5 and gain of 2. both + gain and - gain. (inverting)

Something is wrong. Is the gain of 1 (that you see) inverting or non-inverting?

Normally with CF amps you set Rf to (in this case 330) and never change it. To change gain set Rg.

NO!

I have it working with a gain of 5 and gain of 2. both + gain and - gain. (inverting)

Something is wrong. Is the gain of 1 (that you see) inverting or non-inverting?

Normally with CF amps you set Rf to (in this case 330) and never change it. To change gain set Rg.

so when u did the gain 5 what were the Rf and Rg?
besides i had another problems. in CLC3605 there are 2 +Vs(pin 14 and pin 11) when i connected them both to +Vs(10V),the cuurent went fast up and the chip became very hot. only when i connected pin 14 lonely to +Vs, it seemed work... Do u have such problem or something other wrong? i have checked the chip many times the welding was not wrong.
thank u!

I am using different parts but very close. THS3201, 3091, 3001......
I use RG in the 1.21k to 500 range that depends on the frequency responce. See over peaking with small resistor.
With the THS3201 RF=562, Rg=115. RF chosen for flat responce. Rg chosen for gain.

If the part got hot, I hope you did not kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back