the op amp CLC3605

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunjonas

hi ,
has someone used the op amp CLC3605(1,5GHz)?
when i used the circuit on the datasheet as the same as figure 4(used recommeded resustors). i made Rf 330Ω and Rg 33Ω that means the gain is 10.
but actually the gain wasnot 10 it was one! that means the output just like the input. I also changed the Rf to vary the gain but there was no change...
does anyone have an idea for it?

i appreciate for ur answers..
chun

It is a current feedback amplifier, so conventional op amp gain equations do not hold true. See the gain equations on the bottom of page 14 - correction - I've just seen further down the datasheet and if your Zo is low, conventional equations apply... Please ignore this post

Last edited:
It is a current feedback amplifier, so conventional op amp gain equations do not hold true. See the gain equations on the bottom of page 14
NO!

I have it working with a gain of 5 and gain of 2. both + gain and - gain. (inverting)

Something is wrong. Is the gain of 1 (that you see) inverting or non-inverting?

Normally with CF amps you set Rf to (in this case 330) and never change it. To change gain set Rg.

so when u did the gain 5 what were the Rf and Rg?
besides i had another problems. in CLC3605 there are 2 +Vs(pin 14 and pin 11) when i connected them both to +Vs(10V),the cuurent went fast up and the chip became very hot. only when i connected pin 14 lonely to +Vs, it seemed work... Do u have such problem or something other wrong? i have checked the chip many times the welding was not wrong.
thank u!

I am using different parts but very close. THS3201, 3091, 3001......
I use RG in the 1.21k to 500 range that depends on the frequency responce. See over peaking with small resistor.
With the THS3201 RF=562, Rg=115. RF chosen for flat responce. Rg chosen for gain.

If the part got hot, I hope you did not kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…