Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The MOST hard to find datasheet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSp0ck_GR

Hi...

I'm into ECU (Engine Control Unit) tunning / hacking...
A Few weeks ago i run into a Motorola SMD chip that in my guess LOCKS the ECU when the Flash ROM is hacked... I Tried to find the datasheet to have a better look into it but i found NOTHING,NADA,NIENTE,ZERO,TIPOTA!!

The Chip is : SC370606DW from MOT (Motorola) Factory
(209472m01 , xab0139 are the other readings!)

I found a few results that sell the specific chip but NO DATASHEET!!
i Hope someone knows more...

Thanks in advance...

looking for a datasheet

:D

are you sure the chip was manufactured by motorola? base on the info you gave the prefixes does not indicate it is made by motorola. :D

It's quite possibly an in-house number, as it's a security device it's most likely that a datasheet isn't available - pretty pointless making a security device then telling everyone how to bypass it!.

Unfortunately most of case the chip marked only with manufacturer code (like Sony,e.t.c.) without crossref no success. Sometimes help the reverse engineering (if the chip not an ASIC)....

a guess...

I'm pretty sure the chip is from Motorola... (Has it's logo printed on!)

After a google search i found some stores that SELL IT!!!
Really weird!!! If it's a security devices... then why SELL IT FREELY??
After a second look i gave it... it looks like an array of logic gates...
(Completes the meaning of SECURITY DEVICE!! ;)))) )
It's a simple but effective way to lock an ECU...
Though if you bypass that chip and you give some ground signals to the Proccessor itself the car starts with NO PROBLEMS!!
In ChipDocs i found that SC initials are used from Motorola too!!
So it MUST be a Motorola one!!

(For those who know.. The ECU is a Magnetti-Marelli from a Peugeot 307)

Sc370606dw

Well I read your story about SC370606DW, and I run into the same situation. My ECU Peugeot 306 GTI is locket. Do you have the data sheet off this pace off ****? I was not able to drive my car for a long time. As far as I have been looking, no datasheet. And by the way is there a possibility to changes the programs of this ECU form Magneti Marelli.
Thanks if you or somebody can help me. Wiebe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back