Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The matrix does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalingajay

The attached circuit diagram and hex file I received from my friend. It works well with the Proteus. But when practically created, it does not work. Anyone can guess what is the reason for it. I have only the circuit and the hex file.

Attachments

• Test.rar
    45.3 KB · Views: 250
OK, I attached bitmap file and hex file. But Proteus files are not allowed to attach. So you have to create it.

Kalinga

Attachments

• 8x24 Matrix.BMP
    355.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 89S52_8x24_Matrix.hex
    13.1 KB · Views: 230
I can't comment on the hex file but the schematic may have some problems.

There are no resistors to limit the current to the LEDs.
Three LEDs are fed per NPN transistor so the one with the lowest Vf will light and the other two may not.
Each port pin has to sink the LED current - can the ports handle a total of 24*LED current?

Mike.

If Common Anode then switch must have Rce or RdsOn to drop < 0.1V with all on.
Then other side must be current regulated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back