Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The LCD from an old DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I had an old DVD player lying around, and since i'm just getting into microcontrollers i thought i'd see if i could steal the display from the DVD player and put some numbers on it (i'm only really concerned with the 7-segment LCDs... assuming that's what they are). I've tried looking the part up on the internet but with no success - if anyone can point me in the right direction (i cant even get anything to light up on the LCD, let alone display a meaningful number) i'd be very grateful:)

I've attached two photos of the display for what it's worth.

Attachments

• P1020431.JPG
    P1020431.JPG
    736.9 KB · Views: 211
  • P1020435.JPG
    P1020435.JPG
    584 KB · Views: 194
yeah, it is a vfd.

looks like it is some kind of serial interface. I would take a close-up picture of that controller and look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back