Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Interesting Pictures thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen in a museum in Friedrichshafen Germany

SpaceBog1.JPG

SpaceBog3.JPG

SpaceBog2.JPG

JimB

And, is that actually writen in the book or are you just posting another meme?

Mike.

An even scarier book is, "It Can't Happen Here", by Sinclair Lewis. It was written in 1935, and predicts pretty much what is happening in the US today. I read it years ago after reading one of his other books, "Elmer Gantry".

Just like the bible.... Read into it what you want to hear... Yes we know there are many labs out there creating biological weapons..

If I were to leash a global hit on the world I doubt it would be a flu derivative.. Like I said in another ( hijacked ) thread, this is no worse than a normal flu, not even on a scale of an epidemic..

Scaremongery… The media today sucks... Oooh Brexits over what else can we whinge about!!

Just like the bible.... Read into it what you want to hear... Yes we know there are many labs out there creating biological weapons..

If I were to leash a global hit on the world I doubt it would be a flu derivative.. Like I said in another ( hijacked ) thread, this is no worse than a normal flu, not even on a scale of an epidemic..

Scaremongery… The media today sucks... Oooh Brexits over what else can we whinge about!!
I find it scary. Whole ship of people now have it. Most people out of China.

if I were to pick a virus, I would pick one that, unlike the flu, is contagious long before the infected person feels sick enough to stay home. Make sure contagious people walk around with their friends and neighbors for at least two weeks

I would also ratchet up the fatality rate by about 25x more than the flu - from 0.1% to 2.5%. Any higher and everyone (including healthy people) will self-quarantine and quench the transmission rate.

Also, I would make sure the demographics of the fatalities look more like the demographics of the general population instead of a virus like the flu that kills mostly old people and people with lung diseases.

Some pretty minor effects can significantly change the total number of deaths. Also, the long lag between infection and visible symptoms plus the transmission of the virus before symptoms are noticed mean this virus could be around a long time - a long, slow burn until everyone gets it. What's 2.5% of 7 billion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back