Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The "best" IC family

Status
Not open for further replies.
A diode connected in series with the transistor's collector would be just a rectifier without any bias, wouldn't it?

audioguru said:
Horray, you're learning about this stuff. :lol:
I started electronics when I was around 12 :wink:

For an RF (100MHz) supply bypass cap, I use a 1000pF ceramic disc cap with very short wires. For an audio supply bypass cap for battery-powered circuits, I use a 100uF for pre-amps and 1000uF for power amps.
It seems that in some cases, the supply cap makes improvements, and in some cases, it does not. I'll have to experiment.

I still think the whole thing is crazy...
then talk to the individuals who make radios with an LCD built into them that displays the frequency.

Well, given that, I wonder how long it will take you to convince him to scrap this method
Sorry, I'm not scraping it until I find a method that works, and is easy to implement without using varicaps, or any special IC that isn't commonly available.

and wouldn't resistors mixed with capacitors adjust the frequency more?

I started on electronics when I was about 12 also, but I listened eagerly to the old TV/radio repairman who was my first mentor. I actually believed that he knew more than I did.
You want to know what irritates the crap out of me, Mstecha? You come here for advice, and then you reject anything that doesn't match your ideas about how things should work. I'm just about fed up with even reading your posts, much less trying to help you. I have some ideas about how to switch caps, but I'll be damned if I'm going to post them here, because you would just blow them off.
There are maybe half a dozen guys here who know enough about RF to help you, and I suspect most of them feel just about the same way I do. Your recent statement about being on your own may come to pass sooner than you think. :x
BTW, this is as close to a flame as I've ever come on any forum, but I've been biting my tongue for some time now. It's getting pretty sore.

Mods, if you trash this I wouldn't blame you. At least I got it off my chest.

Here is an FM transmitter project that uses common 2N4401 transistors as varactors. One is used to FM modulate the 100MHz carrier, and two in parallel are used to tune it with voltage from a pot. A Cmos counter IC can drive a resistor ladder to create the tuning voltage if you want.
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• varactor-tuned_fm_transmitter.png
    varactor-tuned_fm_transmitter.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 368
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back