Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i looking for compiler that can be used for many project
and its easy to use
what should i use ?

EDIT : my processor is PIC

Last edited:
Which processor do you favor and what is your budget?
I just purchased Proton Dev System vs3506. I prefer PICs and this handles both 16Fs and 18Fs (and 10Fs, but who cares). It is a tad pricey ($165), and uses a USB dongle, which is a bummer, but livable.This is a BASIC, and there are several language types to choose from, like C and assembler, for starters.
Later.
kenjj

HiTech C is $495 for the standard version and $1195 for the PRO version.

BoostC is $69 for the standard and $150 for the PRO version.

Both have free version that you can try.

Mike.

I use the free version of Hi-Tech C, the only difference is the standard and pro version optimise the code more. If you don't need to fit a large, complicated program into the smallest PIC possible, the free version will do the job.

You can also check out LITE versions from microchip. They do not have a compiler for 16F or lesser. If you will be working with 18F, C18 is a very good option.

Otherwise, I would suggest free version of Hi-Tech C, as Jules mentioned. I have used MikroC (the free version)for sometime, It works fine. You can try out the free versions before you buy one.

I quite like HI-TECH. The free version is fine for hobby programming, if you run out of space there are plenty of chips with bigger program memory.

I can't recommend BoostC. I tried it for a while and at first it is great, but there are a few too many annoying things with the compiler.

You really need to say whether you are using 16F or 18F, as there can be a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…