Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the best COMPILER

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i looking for compiler that can be used for many project
and its easy to use
what should i use ?

EDIT : my processor is PIC

Last edited:
HiTech C is $495 for the standard version and $1195 for the PRO version.

BoostC is $69 for the standard and $150 for the PRO version.

Both have free version that you can try.

Mike.

I use the free version of Hi-Tech C, the only difference is the standard and pro version optimise the code more. If you don't need to fit a large, complicated program into the smallest PIC possible, the free version will do the job.

You can also check out LITE versions from microchip. They do not have a compiler for 16F or lesser. If you will be working with 18F, C18 is a very good option.

Otherwise, I would suggest free version of Hi-Tech C, as Jules mentioned. I have used MikroC (the free version)for sometime, It works fine. You can try out the free versions before you buy one.

I quite like HI-TECH. The free version is fine for hobby programming, if you run out of space there are plenty of chips with bigger program memory.

I can't recommend BoostC. I tried it for a while and at first it is great, but there are a few too many annoying things with the compiler.

You really need to say whether you are using 16F or 18F, as there can be a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back