Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The $10,000 Magnet Motor Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know how the magnet motor in the video was faked. Hidden pulsed or rotating magnetic field generator, perhaps under the table?

Smoke, mirrors, wires and bad FU.

My guess would be something much simpler.....

A motor and battery hidden in that big lump of plastic used for a base.

A clear plastic base might have been a little more impressive
IMO the thing spun so slowly it would need a high ratio of reduction gearing in addition to a motor and battery, and there didn't seem to be all that much space available. I think if the two "magnets" in the base are really just pole pieces, a very simple 2-coil drive circuit could fit in easily. The main problem would be that the motor could then run in either direction, so the maker of the video would have to be careful to start it up the same way each time.

a very simple 2-coil drive circuit could fit in easily
Agreed, that would be simpler and seems more likely.

There must be several possible ways to do it.

I wouldn't rule out a motor and worm gear completely (or just a motor and plenty of slip), but the bottom half of the plastic block is slightly see through I think, and I see no sign of the shadow of a motor, or any gear shapes. ...plus we might hear the sound

I have read about some extortionist guys using magnets on a turn table in the base that spins witch loosely couples to magnets in the motor or wheel to make it look like its spinning by its self.

I reckon he has cheated by powering the device from an over-unity Bedini motor and a Rodin starship coil in the base :D

Ha Ha ha. These threads are funny.

Now think about it for a second,,,

If you're smart enough to figure out how to make one you're also smart enough to know why you're better off keeping it to yourself. :p

Never have to work if you don't want to and you never have to worry about being poor either. :happy:

Although most of this stuff is not truly over unity, some of it is highly efficient.
Some of these motors could spin for a vary long time from just one push but eventually will stop.
It would take vary little input to keep them going.
Something like a little coil and coin cell battery in the rotor assy could last for years.
That would fool a lot of people.
All The while saying that with just a little more money you could mass produce it.

Although most of this stuff is not truly over unity, some of it is highly efficient.

None are over-unity but a few are clever fakes.
**broken link removed**

After reading this thread I believe I am a human.
I give more than I take. I am human of course.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back