Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all that helped in my Telephone Monitor and Controller project. I have completed my report and demonstration and tomorrow morning is my presentation of which i think i am ready for...I just want to wish a warm hearty thanks to all. I love the response from this forum and hopefully one day i will learn enough to be able to help someone as much as you guys did for me.

Regards,
Darrell

Hi to all that helped in my Telephone Monitor and Controller project. I have completed my report and demonstration and tomorrow morning is my presentation of which i think i am ready for...I just want to wish a warm hearty thanks to all. I love the response from this forum and hopefully one day i will learn enough to be able to help someone as much as you guys did for me.

Regards,
Darrell

But did you make it work?? Theory and Diagrams are great but building and making it work is also part of the project. I would think to get a grade you would have to build it and demonstrate it in operation. I had to build projects for school, granted a while back, but they had to work, high school was a 5 tube a.m. radio (not a kit in a box) Yup and it had to work or you failed the class, and in college it was a dual adjustable current limited power supply for one class and a working assembly program for microprocessor class.

Did it work

Yes it did. I implemented a pin system for users wishing to use the system. Got the outgoing call number. Was able to block numbers that wasn't stored in a list of calls within the PIC18F452 data memory. Obtain the duration of outgoing as well as incoming calls and store it in the PIC to be displayed on a 16x2 line LCD when requested. I didn't get the caller for incoming calls to work though. So i hoping for the best.

Yes it did. I implemented a pin system for users wishing to use the system. Got the outgoing call number. Was able to block numbers that wasn't stored in a list of calls within the PIC18F452 data memory. Obtain the duration of outgoing as well as incoming calls and store it in the PIC to be displayed on a 16x2 line LCD when requested. I didn't get the caller for incoming calls to work though. So i hoping for the best.

Sounds like it went well. Good job.

Torben

Hi Darrell nice work.Your project is good for communication shops (booth centers).

I have some doubts.

How did you block numbers ?you mean you blocked a dialing particular phone number?
How did you detect an end of the call?

Each user had to enter a # sign after dialling a number. so i use that as the indication to know when the call was finished dialling

Each user had to enter a # sign after dialling a number. so i use that as the indication to know when the call was finished dialling

Ok now I understood what you have done.After entering the last digit of the number it will automatically starts dialing.

Are you telling the user to again press the "#" button? Who will press "#" button???
If the user doesn't press the "#" button will the dialing happens?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back