Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thank you Nigel or get started with PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
Thank you Nigel for WinPicProg and your tutorial which I would recommend to anybody and for a source for a parallel programmer for $20.00 assembled and delivered from . I have been putting this off for way too long and for too many reasons.
As was recommended here on the micro controllers forum and your first tutorials, the PIC 16F628A for $3.50 with 16 I/O pins, 2 comparators, no crystal or caps or compiler or UV eraser needed is a perfect place to start. I was up and running with lights flashing in a couple of days for $23.50.
I have a lot to learn but thanks to you I have a really good start.
Clyde

A few notes to make things smoother in case this inspires someone. Use the Beta version of WinPicProg for the “A” chips. You will need a male/female 25 pin D cable. Under Options > Hardware > Programmer type choose P16PRO40-7406 with no changes. If you find some source code that won’t build in MPASM, disassemble their HEX file with WinPicProg for your chip and work with that.

I also recommend Nigels PIC tutorials. They are excellent for the beginner. Also if your starting out and are on a tight budget you dont have to pay for your chips. Use Microchip or other big manufacturers who offer free samples. I do this and get 2 free samples a month free of charge including free shipping.

Hope it helps

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back