Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing an electronic Transformer 240AC - 12v AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of what Les was saying the power factor will also be closer to 1, this and the fact theres no rectification or regulation probably makes it a better supply for a filament bulb.

It's for both, simply because it's a replacement for the older 50/60Hz transformers, which were obviously AC, and LED bulb replacements included rectifiers for that reason, so no point making it DC.

In fact I've got a number of those types of LED bulbs (little bi-pin push-in ones), which came by mistake from Bangood - can't remember what I ordered now, but the bulbs turned up instead. No problem though, just emailed them and they resent the correct parts for free - and I've still got the bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back