Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing a diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was working fine, except for the capstan motor, so I changed a transistor, I goofed when I changed the transistor for the capstan motor. I had forgot to put the plastic shield behind the transistor when I mounted it back on the metal plate. So, the metal plate in contact with the metal frame of the transistor shorted together. Even though it did not affect the operation of the capstan motor, that is working fine, I know have a problem with the reel operation. When I turn the unit on, it automatically goes into the fast forward mode and I can not stop it from running, no matter what other operation button I press. Sometimes but not always when I press the stop button it will blow the main fuse.

Just venturing a guess but I would see if it is transistor driven and be looking for a shorted transistor.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back