• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tesla coil progress

billybob

Just thought I’d do an update. Here’s a few pictures of the tesla coil. Basically most of the components are just laying on the cart and I’ll mount them when I have everything. Need a terry filter and caps and safety gap, also I need to wire the contact box which I think looks pretty nice. Also a ballast or some choke coils might be in order.
The on,y thing I would probably change for next time is not having 1/2 inch gaps between the primary and instead do 1/4 so there is less risk of it getting in the way and would use a lot less tubbing.
Anyway here it is.

Attachments

gophert

Most Helpful Member
Wouldn't it be nice to keep all of your progress photos in one thread so we can scroll back to see the commentary, questions and photos all in one place?

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Wouldn't it be nice to keep all of your progress photos in one thread so we can scroll back to see the commentary, questions and photos all in one place?
I agree, I would make this your main Tesla Coil progress thread if I were you. Maybe change the title to "Tesla Coil Project Progress" or something like that? Then post all of your photos here.

Last edited:

billybob

I agree, I would make this your main Tesla Coil progress thread if I were you. Maybe change the title to "Tesla Coil Project Progress" or something like that? Then post all of your photos here.
That would probably be a good idea, I didn’t know if threads expire or something.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles