Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature Sensor LM35

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can clearly see this in minumum supply voltage VS temperature graph on page 6 of the PDF. At 3.3 volts it's maximum temperature value is near 0 degrees meaning it would be useless for positive temperatures. The graph is quiet linear up to 175 degrees listed.

If you could explain what your specific temperature range, accuracy and linearity requirements are it would help.

Last edited:
Ideally I would like to use its full temperature range but for demonstation purposes from around 10C-40C....So if this sensor is basically useless by your understanding at 3.3V what sensor would you recommend that can work at 3.3V?????

Nothing I can think of but I'm not looking, this would be something you'd to consider when searching for IC's, Digikey's parametric search may help, as well as the parametric search (if available) to any maker of temperature sensors, try Google. If your main supply is 3.3V why not simply use a simple boost converter?

if this sensor is basically useless by your understanding at 3.3V what sensor would you recommend that can work at 3.3V?
If you're prepared (or don't need) to condition its non-linear output then any thermistor will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back