Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telephone line connection [Caller ID project]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2f1c

hi everbody,

i started a little project , which is about building a caller id circuit around an atmel 8bit mcu.

i don't plan to use any decoder chip nor module for that, the demodulation should be done on the microcontroller.

i found somewhere a good software based fsk demodulator for atmega8 i believe, though i don't think that the software part is that difficult (worst case : i use two mcu's :) )

i'm in the process of designing this thingy, and first started with the connection to the telephone line.

For debugging puropses , i plan to connect the phone line to the sound card so i could pick up easily any signals flowing through and hopefully do some digital processing in matlab

what do you advise me , specially regarding ratings , and protections i should use to connect my phone line to the sound card ?

comments / ideas / suggestions are welcome.

thanks in advance.
--
tewfik

Where are you located? Phones are different depending upon the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back