Tektronix 1230 Logic Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

Hi,

I got this Tektronix 1230 logic analyzer for a cheap price from a Singapore electronics equipment seller. It comes with no probes or manual, just the unit. After a month of searching, I managed to purchase the probes from eBay and now I am waiting for its arrival. However I am still looking for the manual for this unit and the PC software for remote control via RS232-C. I believe the PC software for this unit is called as S43R101 by Tektronix.

A Google search reveals very little useful information, apart from this advertisement **broken link removed** which contains some basic description on its features and part numbers, and another post on the Microchip forum https://www.microchip.com/forums/m81437.aspx from somebody who was looking for the same.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
Try the Textronics yahoo user group, they are pretty good with manuals, also there are a few large manual sellers on ebay,its always worth sending them a message, and the obvious one the Boat anchor

Thanks Little Ghostman. I searched Boat Anchor but could not find anything for the 1230 (did find some manuals for their TLA series). I have requested to join the Tek Yahoo group (it's a closed group and membership is by invitation only).

While waiting for the Tek group membership approval, does anyone here perhaps have the scanned copy of the manuals?

Hi,

I have finally finished experimenting with this logic analyzer, including acquiring the P6444 probe to capture various signals output from a test program on a PIC. I wrote a review of it here:

**broken link removed**

I hope this helps other people who want to find more information about this device. Quite a useful device to troubleshoot slow 8-bit designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…