Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

technical help re-wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinH90

hi all,

thanks o the opportunity to be involved in this forum. I need some expert advice.

ive taken an electronic motor from a Air Conditioning unit and I want to run the motor via plug.

I have a house fan that has similar wiring which has a speed controller I would like to use.

1st picture below is the 100w air conditioner motor I wish to use on my project. (rock tumbler)

20210820_105327.jpg

2nd and 3rd picture is the house fan I hope to use to power and speed control the motor from the air conditioner.

20210820_105247.jpg
20210820_105259.jpg

can I wire the air con motor to the house fan electronics ? If so, which wires should be joined?
I can soldier and I can use a multi meter to test circuits.
which wires go where? If compatible at all?
thanks in advance.

Martin

That fan speed controller likely works by activating different windings on the motor. Find out which windings do what speed on the ac motor and wire to the fan speed control accordingly. One wire will be your common.

That top motor shows DC380v 100w by the label and the manuf specs.
It is most likely a ECM motor, i.e. electronically commutated.

One is a DC motor, the other is an AC motor due to the fact it seems to have a 1uF 500V motor start capacitor. You can't just swap those around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back