Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Teachers spending too much time online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
This morning I pottered into school for the morning (yes I know its a rare event), I sat in a ENGLISH class and I swear the teacher said O M G (spelled the letters out) while telling us about how good a upcoming trip was. Now while I think its cool old people (over 21) use the internet, I think once the start spelling out letters to describe something there keyboard should be disabled, while I am ranting I would like to know why shops sell cams to ugly people?

Beer was created because ugly people need loving too

Man you now me feel sorry for drunks!! I didnt know they drank as a kind of public service!!

This morning I pottered into school for the morning (yes I know its a rare event), I sat in a ENGLISH class and I swear the teacher said O M G (spelled the letters out) while telling us about how good a upcoming trip was. Now while I think its cool old people (over 21) use the internet, I think once the start spelling out letters to describe something there keyboard should be disabled, while I am ranting I would like to know why shops sell cams to ugly people?
These are the tendencies of today. I think it happens almost anywhere where you find an internet connection. It happens in Romania too. There are some teachers who use shortcuts. Some adult persons claim that it's more comfortable. But the aspect of the spoken language is not as beautiful as it was before the internet. If the spelling is unusual, the written language is absolutely weird!!! (e.g.:How RU) Now when it comes to writing, the emoticons have become extremely popular and probably the traditional keyboard will be replaced by emoticon keyboard
**broken link removed**

Clearly your using the polite keyboard! there are some emoticons I would like that are missing from yours :D

So as to passive aggressively comment on the lunacy of acronym-speak, I pronounce it phonetically around people who spell it out loud. They'll say "O., M., G.!" and I'll reply like a Buddhist monk with a monotone "ommg.."
"W., T., like, F.?" ... "whhtf."

Now I had time to think about it, I have to say thats alot like saying fat people need doughnuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back