Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tda2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigE4u

Alittle help if you please... i can build the circuit with the chip mentioned, but what chip(preamp) would compliment this circuit best to make everything work properly. thanks

Ps- I plan on hooking this up to portable MP3/CD players and be used in a vehicle using the +12v power source.

I would think you could just connect the headphone output of the player to the input of the TDA2005.

The schematic is on the datasheet which I found using Google.
**broken link removed**

Been there, done that.... im still not quite sure what else i need as far as a preamp thats needed, if any.

Most preamps have tone controls, a balance control and a front-rear fader.

I wasnt exactly looking to have tone/balance controls... i just thought since this is a full blow amplifier, it would need a preamp. The specs shown in the PDF look confusing to me when it talks about the "input" sensitivity. I wasnt sure if i needed a preamp or i could just plug my portable MP3/CD player directly into the amplifier. So basically what im asking is, does this amplifier need a preamp or will a MP3/CD player provide enough "signal" to fully use the amp. thanks

The TDA2005 circuit in the datasheet has plenty of gain. All you need is a volume control but no preamp is needed.

audioguru is correct, no preamp is needed. i used that chip in an amp i made last month to hook my mp3 player to a stereo i built for my motorcycle. works great! just use the volume control on your mp3 player or you could put a pot. before the amplifier.

I plan on just using the volume control on the portable MP3/CD players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back