Tda2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigE4u

Alittle help if you please... i can build the circuit with the chip mentioned, but what chip(preamp) would compliment this circuit best to make everything work properly. thanks

Ps- I plan on hooking this up to portable MP3/CD players and be used in a vehicle using the +12v power source.

I would think you could just connect the headphone output of the player to the input of the TDA2005.

Been there, done that.... im still not quite sure what else i need as far as a preamp thats needed, if any.

Most preamps have tone controls, a balance control and a front-rear fader.

I wasnt exactly looking to have tone/balance controls... i just thought since this is a full blow amplifier, it would need a preamp. The specs shown in the PDF look confusing to me when it talks about the "input" sensitivity. I wasnt sure if i needed a preamp or i could just plug my portable MP3/CD player directly into the amplifier. So basically what im asking is, does this amplifier need a preamp or will a MP3/CD player provide enough "signal" to fully use the amp. thanks

The TDA2005 circuit in the datasheet has plenty of gain. All you need is a volume control but no preamp is needed.

audioguru is correct, no preamp is needed. i used that chip in an amp i made last month to hook my mp3 player to a stereo i built for my motorcycle. works great! just use the volume control on your mp3 player or you could put a pot. before the amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…