• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tariff/Duties on Circuit Boards & Components Shipped to Mexico?

Visitor

My partner and I are taking an extended holiday in Mexico, chiefly to avoid the gray Seattle winter and for ample outdoor eating opportunities since Covid-19 is raging out of control in the US.

Does anyone here have any experience shipping circuit boards and components from Chinese suppliers to Mexico? What kind of duties and customs fees are imposed on small shipments, say around US$20?

As you can see from this picture of dinner tonight, we are really roughing it here!

20201115_001045.jpg

schmitt trigger

Salud!
Last I knew, Chinese made components do have a small tariff applied.
As long as they are small amounts, you don’t need a broker.

Disclaimer: last time was 5 years ago

gophert

Most Helpful Member
My partner and I are taking an extended holiday in Mexico, chiefly to avoid the gray Seattle winter and for ample outdoor eating opportunities since Covid-19 is raging out of control in the US.

Does anyone here have any experience shipping circuit boards and components from Chinese suppliers to Mexico? What kind of duties and customs fees are imposed on small shipments, say around US$20?

As you can see from this picture of dinner tonight, we are really roughing it here!

View attachment 128013
just hire a mule to carry them across the boarder for you. It seems to work pretty well for certain items crossing in the other direction.

Visitor

LOL. Too far from the border for that to work. I'm in Merida, Yucatan Peninsula.

What a beautiful place! Haven't explored too much yet, but everywhere we've eaten has been fantastic.

For those keeping score, the ice cream machine at McDonald's was broken when we went looking for some dessert. The guy at the Burgerking next door didn't understand why we broke out laughing when he said the same thing.

EE World Online Articles