Tantalum Capacitor ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark59

I have a Tantalum capacitor from a Toshiba laptop motherboard that has a broken lead. I have tried to id the cap using several resources, with no luck. I cannot seem to cross reference the numbers on the cap. They are as follows, 330 71tt. I either get a response that a motherboard is not repairable or call National Parts Dept. Can anyone help?

Those markings don't look like the regular cap codes to me. I take it that it is a SMD cap? You could dig away at the casing a bit and get at the lead so that it can be measured by a capacitance meter. Determining the voltage rating would entail measuring the voltage across it when the circuit is running and adding a safety margin.

Well it could imply a 330 MFD at 71 vdc but as there are no voltages that high in a motherboard it's hard to state for sure.

LEfty

Just got off the phone with National Parts Depot and Toshiba Tech services, no help. I agree that the 330 is probably the MFD, the 71tt is a puzzler. I have tried to cross reference this every way that I could think of, no luck. This is from a Toshiba motherboard and the closest thing to help from the afore mentioned places is replace the motherboard. I have though of testing the cap at a 10V range to see what I get. If a cap of the right MFD and a higher voltage would physically fit put it in and try it. At this point do I have anything to lose??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…