Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tantalum Capacitor ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark59

I have a Tantalum capacitor from a Toshiba laptop motherboard that has a broken lead. I have tried to id the cap using several resources, with no luck. I cannot seem to cross reference the numbers on the cap. They are as follows, 330 71tt. I either get a response that a motherboard is not repairable or call National Parts Dept. Can anyone help?

Those markings don't look like the regular cap codes to me. I take it that it is a SMD cap? You could dig away at the casing a bit and get at the lead so that it can be measured by a capacitance meter. Determining the voltage rating would entail measuring the voltage across it when the circuit is running and adding a safety margin.

Well it could imply a 330 MFD at 71 vdc but as there are no voltages that high in a motherboard it's hard to state for sure.

LEfty

Just got off the phone with National Parts Depot and Toshiba Tech services, no help. I agree that the 330 is probably the MFD, the 71tt is a puzzler. I have tried to cross reference this every way that I could think of, no luck. This is from a Toshiba motherboard and the closest thing to help from the afore mentioned places is replace the motherboard. I have though of testing the cap at a 10V range to see what I get. If a cap of the right MFD and a higher voltage would physically fit put it in and try it. At this point do I have anything to lose??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back