Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tandy's back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very limited, true. However they have hobbyist sized quantities of stuff at decent prices. For what they do have, no more having to get silly quantities or pay silly prices or silly P&P or wait 6 weeks!

I worked for Tandy for many many years. It was a really weird place to work and we hated Dixons .....

I ended up working for Dixons after Tandy :oops:

If that Tandy is the one that was/is Radio Shack in the US then they're still making the same mistake...poor selection and high prices. My orders from Tayda Electronics usually arrive in 10 days and the prices are much better.

Outside of Indianapolis, Indiana a town called Rushville is an old radio shack store. Actually Radio Shack & Osborne Electronics .Store is just like the original layout. Not related to Ozzy.....
Mostly Tandy plus others such as pyle speakers etc.only reason still there is he owns the building. He is 74.
Also still installs towers and repairs on computers which keeps him going.

I bought a few items off him.

Are they just peddling off the component stuff from their old stores? If so, not worth the bother. Weird selection of whatever they happened to have, which they never did bother to maintain worth a hoot. I only ever stopped in if I was close by and needed a 100 uF capacitor or solder. Not surprised that they went zombie--court ordered to stay open to try to pay off creditors. That last ditch store-sharing deal with Sprint, a la BaskinRobbins/Dunkin Donuts, was a complete loser.

After the one in LaPorte IN closed, they painted the name over in the strip mall's sign. Well... partially painted it over, so that "RadioShack" became "adioS"!!!! :joyful:

Are they just peddling off the component stuff from their old stores? If so, not worth the bother. Weird selection of whatever they happened to have, which they never did bother to maintain worth a hoot. I only ever stopped in if I was close by and needed a 100 uF capacitor or solder. Not surprised that they went zombie--court ordered to stay open to try to pay off creditors. That last ditch store-sharing deal with Sprint, a la BaskinRobbins/Dunkin Donuts, was a complete loser.

After the one in LaPorte IN closed, they painted the name over in the strip mall's sign. Well... partially painted it over, so that "RadioShack" became "adioS"!!!! :joyful:

We were always amused at a local pub sign, right on the main road traffic lights - it had separate letters spelling the name - and for years said "Geo ge and D agon". One day we drove past and the "R's" had been replaced - but a couple of weeks later they had gone again. Looking round we noticed a number of pubs with identical style signs had the "R's" missing as well - could never figure out why someone was staling the "R's"?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back