Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T.sonic 610 portable MP3 play memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo92

Here it's my 3years old t.sonic 610. This tiny creature gave me joy of music listening, I love this stuff, I lost no worth still now.

As time flows, people want more, it was 1GB, now I gonna upgrade it's main memory chip.

The memory is from hynix and it's a SMD chip. so, I've to use s soldering gun to safely remove the IC. do you agree?

Then I've to replace the memory with it's 2GB or 4GB alternative. I found a list:

4G NAND FLASH
K9K4G08U0A-PCB SAMSUNG
  K9F4G08U0A-PCB/PIB SAMSUNG
  HY27UG084G2M-TPCB HYNIX
  HY27UF084G2M-TPCB HYNIX
  HY27UT084G2M-TPCB HYNIX
2G NAND FLASH
K9F2G08U0M-PCB0 SAMSUNG
  HY27UF082G2M-TPCB HYNIX
1G NAND FLASH
K9F1G08U0A-PCB0 SAMSUNG
  HY27UF081G2M-TPCB HYNIX

I've to replace the chip with any samsung or hynix alternatives with the same package. agree?

then I've to program the firmware onto the device using firmware tool available from transcend website.

Do you think this will work?

Next problem there is no distributor of hynix or samsung semiconductor in india. Does somebody know who sells NAND Flash Memory in india?
Is there any company who make NAND Flash chips?

Attachments

• DSCN7706.JPG
    DSCN7706.JPG
    457 KB · Views: 1,303
  • DSCN7704.JPG
    DSCN7704.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 372
I wondered that you opened your transcend device. All Transcend music models are suffering from initialization/battery problems if not handled extreme carefully. 3 years of faultless working is amazing. So it would be better not to touch the device in anyway otherwise the micro device will suffer from above mentioned problems. 2GB model can get for around Rs:2200. You can give an ad for selling it in classifieds, get the money and go for a new one, even MP650 is a good one that goes upto 8GB.

Last edited:
I had no complains against my transcend except I had to give it to service centre for a battery problem, It was caused by my reckless handling.

I planned to buy a MP850/840, 8GB. before that I'll give it a try to upgrade my tsonic610 memory, no matter if it destroy the thing....though I'll try.

Last edited:
If your have no problem then go for it! Transcend doesn't have a authorized service center in India. You won't get a replacement after 1 year eventhough the warranty period is 2 years. Some new pieces even may be faulty. But I do agree that 610,630,650 models are very good music performers. 90% of problems comes when it removed without "safely removing the hardware".

This thread describe the faults of the device from a lot of users.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back